10.17.2005Goken: The five wrong views (lit: the five views)
- Shinken: the mistaken belief that the self is permanent and abiding.
- Henken: the mistaken belief that the self exists eternally after death, or that it is annihiliated
- Jaken: mistaken rejection of the workings of cause and effect (ie, karma)
- Kenjuken: mistaken attachment to a false view
- Kaigonjuken: adherence to a false set of precepts as a means to attain enlightenment
From: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Zen Buddhism, ed. Helen Baroni (2002)